Valdosta seems to be behind times with things to do for pets! It seems every big city has so many things for pets to do but here in Valdosta and around the area, there is very little. Big cities have huge dog parks, dog boutiques and pets café’s. Valdosta is growing so rapidly, it is surprising we don’t have more!
I searched and searched to find somethings for pets and I did find a few things to do in Valdosta and the surrounding areas with your pet. Here are my Top 10 things to do in Valdosta or the surrounding area with your pet. (Links will guide you to each location).
- Red owl: This coffee shop is Hometown owned. In the morning, you can grab your favorite cup of java and grab a great treat for your fur friend. They always love meeting new fur friends. https://www.redowlcoffee.com
- Southern Hound Club: If you haven’t heard of them you really need to check them out. They are a daycare for your pups! Take them to Southern Hound Club when you’re on the way to work and they can have a playdate with many other dogs. They also board dogs in their luxurious boarding facility. If your pup is not so great at home, they do offer training sessions as well. You can swing by after work and pick your pup up for the day. https://www.southernhoundclub.com
- & 4. I wasn’t really sure about restaurants who allowed pups in Valdosta. But I’m being told Steel Magnolias and the Salty Snapper are two that are dog friendly! https://www.bringfido.com/restaurant/13752
- The Salty Napper above. https://www.bringfido.com/restaurant/23917
- The Georgia Beer Company. They are dog friendly and they have a great outdoor seating area, where you and your pup can relax while drinking a beverage. https://images.app.goo.gl/NhvNrNZi7efVALnx7
- Petsmart. Of course we have one in Valdosta. It’s been here a several years but it seems like it took forever to get a Petsmart! They are always pet friendly and have a really great selection of dog food, treats and toys. https://images.app.goo.gl/3RhH5x1DdCYx95E26
- & 8. Two parks I would definitely recommend you take your pup to are Reed Bingham Park in Adel Georgia and Banks Lake in Lakeland Georgia. I have been to both of course. They have lots of water and both actually have nature trails you can walk your dog on. Both are dog friendly. Reed Bingham State Park: https://images.app.goo.gl/JzF9TbpBmirDp2Pr8
- Banks Lake Above.https://images.app.goo.gl/2HSf4hf2sUJmFRw19
- Freedom Park. Finally Valdosta has a dog park! Take your pup there at least once & let them run around and meet new people. Freedom Park in general has trails and you can walk your pup on them. Show some love for the park, we have needed one for so long!! https://images.app.goo.gl/YYiLmJHesEYCMYQt6
- June K. Collins Portraits of course! A Fine Art pet photography studio! I would love to take pictures of your pet. I offer indoor, outdoor or destination sessions. I offer Collections or you may purchase a few small prints. https://junekcollinsportraits.com